GO: FITNESS MASSAGES
If your body is under stress, fatigued, or “fighting” pain, then another of our essential services – massages – may be the key to your overall success, both in and out of GO: Fitness Center. Our health club massage room is away from the clanging weights and running treadmills in a quiet corner of the center. The room is peaceful green with tranquil music and a video of different beaches playing. Our massage therapists are current with State Board Licenses and are able to accommodate anyone’s needs from a relaxation massage to a deep tissue sports massage.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGES
The promotion of increasing blood flow through your muscle tissue through a variety of touches – has been shown to accomplish the following:
- Relieves stress
- Lessen or completely relieve muscle pain by stimulating endorphins – your body’s natural painkillers.
- Improves your range of motion by stretching tight muscles and surrounding supportive
- Prepares you for/helps you recover from extensive, endurance training by increasing blood flow and the flow of fresh oxygen and nutrients into the muscle while moving out lactic acid and toxins.
- Increases your immune system by stimulating the lymph nodes – your body’s natural defense system.
- Improves your overall circulation.
Getting a massage does not mean you are weak! Getting a massage to relieve life-depleting stress or to strengthen your body is smart self-care. Massages can lessen the delay of onset of muscle soreness – DOMS. When you reduce DOMS, your body will be available to be strengthened however you want, and will help create your best fitness experience possible.
Having a massage at GO: Fitness is not like your typical health club massage. If you are not a member, you will find GO: Fitness has a relaxed atmosphere with a friendly staff. This is where you can come as you are and not worry, and you can just relax. If you are a member, you may get a light workout in before, shower up, then enjoy your massage, completely de-stressed. You can get on the Power Plate and begin your therapy before entering the massage room by doing some light stretches with the vibration platform.
Call us to book your hour, half-hour, or even two-hour massage!