As we all know, it’s easy to put on a couple extra pounds while we are on a staycation or a vacation. Getting quick workouts in while out of town can help keep those un-wanted gains away. This will also help to increase the endorphins we get from working out.
Not all gyms are created equal, especially hotel ones. So, what can you do to help burn extra calories in a short period of time, using just body weight? Well, seeing as how smartphones have taken over the world, we all have a timer or stopwatch to help take us on a short metabolic journey.
If you have 30 minutes or less to spare, then adding a quick workout to your day may just be the boost you need to help keep you motivated on your fitness journeys!
Just follow this information, that’s all you will need to complete this “Vacation Burn”:
- Body weight (that’s all you need for this workout)
- Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, followed by a 30 second rest.Count the number of reps you complete and after each exercise, write it down.
- Once all exercises are completed, take a 60-90 second rest.
- After your rest period is over you will complete all six exercises back to back, adding 1 rep each round. Take a 60-90 second rest per round, complete 3 rounds.
- Your goal is to complete all three rounds, plus the initial round in 30 minutes or less.
Here are your exercises:
- Jump squat
- Lunge left leg
- Lunge right leg
- Jumping Jacks
As an example, if you did 15 jump squats during the 30 second round, you would do 16 jump squats in round 1, 17 jump squats in round 2, and 18 jump squats in round 3.
There you have it! Your “Vacation burn without the sun”. From all of us at GO: Fitness, enjoy a happy, healthy, and amazingly fit vacation and thank you for letting us be a part of your fitness experience!
If you want to try our gym out here is a 10 day free trial.